Covid-19 Update

Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

Dear Club Members,


After a very difficult time for us all we are finally seeing a return to some form of normality, Obviously it has been disappointing for us all that we couldn’t run our events to date with our Autocross and Ravens Rock having to be postponed.


Our normal monthly meetings including our AGM having to be put on hold but we are no different to any other club or voluntary body, We just had to take it as it came and hope for the best.


As you will see from the document attached an amount of work has being going on behind the scenes to allow us when the time was right to get our sport up and running again and I would like to think we as in Carrick on Suir Motor Club can run some events to cater for some of our disciplines between now and year end.


The timeframes we have to work to are set out below and I would firstly like to confirm to Motorsport Ireland that we do intend to run an event between now and year end, This puts us in a position to attend the dates meeting.


Over the coming days I would intend organising a zoom/teams meeting with the respective COCs and their teams to consider all options and possibilities for the months ahead, Once travel restrictions and meeting numbers are extended and increased I would hope to have a meeting in a warehouse unit if necessary to get things up and running again.


You will note MI are open to any additional suggestions for our sports return, Please send any suggestions to Ann Marie Fitzgerald in the coming days to allow her forward same to Motorsport Ireland.


In the meantime we will all keep up the good work to date and hopefully the worse is behind us.


James Coleman (Chairman)

Carrick on Suir Motor Club Limited.

Dear Clubs,

After several months, the possibility of motorsport returning is close to a reality and we must now prepare for what that will look like. As communicated previously, we have had a group working on the protocols that will be required when we do return, as it is obvious that lots of things will have to done differently going forward.

In order for each club to make an educated decision on the future of motorsport in their community, we now share that document with you. The attached “The Road to Return” document is designed to provide a practical approach to each procedure involved in the running of events within each discipline of our sport and should help clubs to make their decisions. This currently provides for the immediate return of single vehicle occupancy events only. However, we have included protocols for 2 person occupancy for when Government guidelines allow. “The Road to Return” document has been approved by Sport Ireland and we would welcome any further specific items from Clubs etc. that would enhance the protocols, as this will be a constantly changing document. Please send these by email to  This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

We will need each club that currently has a date on the 2020 calendar from July 18th to the end of the year to decide whether they are able to run those events, so that we can then compile a calendar based on that information.

The second thing we need to know from each club is whether you have a possibility of running any other events between July 18th and the end of the year, perhaps an event you have had to cancel or even another event completely. We can confirm that the insurance costs will remain as they are currently published for 2020. Please send all communication to  This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it  and request a confirmation of receipt.

Once we have this information, we can arrange a meeting of the affiliated clubs that are in a position to run events for the remainder of 2020 and compile a calendar. We plan to meet with those clubs on the 11th of July, but the venue cannot be fixed until we have a clear picture on the numbers and the guidelines for such meetings at that time. Should a club NOT reply within the timeline below then we will assume that they are not in a position to run any motorsport events for the remainder of 2020 and any dates that they may have had will be removed from the calendar.

The time-frames are:

29th June: This email and “The Road to Return” document circulated

5th July: Final date for replies from clubs

6th July: Invitation to the meeting and a revised calendar for 2020 circulated

11th July: Meeting with clubs (location TBC)

We will start the meeting of the 11th July in the morning and the intention is to have a calendar for the remainder of 2020 before we leave. Club representatives must have a mandate to make decisions on behalf of their club regarding dates for the remainder of 2020. Should space permit, two representatives will be allowed, but there will be ample break out times to allow representatives to hold zoom meetings or telephone calls with their fellow club directors to assist with decisions. Clubs must be able to confirm the availability of venues should their event require such and no date will be agreed if this information cannot be confirmed. When replying for the 5th July, clubs must name their number 1 and number 2 representatives, as due to COVID-19 restrictions, attendance might be limited to one person and will be strictly by invitation only.

We hope that this information clarifies how this procedure will happen. As has been said many times, we are a voluntary organisation so, to be very clear, no club or person is being forced to participate and each person must be responsible for their own choices, remembering that it is always a case of “Health First”.

John Naylor                                                  Leo Hassett

President,  Motorsport Ireland                 CEO, Motorsport Ireland   

Click Here for attachment